Tuesday 11 March 2014

Olaf cake


This is the birthday cake which I made for my friend's 18th birthday. She loves Disney and the film "Frozen", so when I found the youtuber "cakesbychoppa" and his video of how to decorate a cake to look like Olaf, I thought it was perfect! This is a chocolate cake filled and crumb-coated with milk chocolate ganache. I then shaped the cake following a template, then covered it with fondant icing. I moulded the carrot, eyebrows, eyes and tooth and coloured them with food colouring. I also coloured the mouth with watered down food colouring. Once I had placed everything together, I stuck liquorice straps into the top of the cake to make his hair. My friend really liked this cake which I was so happy about, and I was really pleased with it too! And because I had to shape this cake, I got to taste the remaining bits of cake and ganache, and I was really pleased with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment