Tuesday 8 April 2014

Strawberry tart




This is a strawberry tart I made yesterday afternoon. I found the recipe on the Good Housekeeping website. The shortcrust pastry was sweet and short, the creme patissiere was really nice, and the strawberries were sweet and worked well with the rest of the tart. However, the sides of the pastry fell down during blind baking, meaning the tart wasn't as tall as it should have been. Also, the edges of the tart wasn't very neat, so next time I will make sure I trim the pastry neater. Finally, I would slice the strawberries and arrange them that way, as they would have covered the whole top of the tart and looked more appealing. But everyone enjoyed it and it was all eaten the same day I had made it, which is always a good sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment